Drew Deatherage, ESS/RTPM
Vice President of Business Development
Drew has spent more than 25 years innovating in the telecommunications and security industries, which makes him an invaluable leader at Crux. He works tirelessly for clients, identifying and tapping into emerging trends to design solutions that solve critical challenges. His experience with network infrastructure, physical and electronic security, and specialized low-voltage systems enables him to expertly advise on risk mitigation, lifecycle management, and master planning.
Drew advocates building solutions that will serve clients both today and into the future. As such, he specializes in fiber-rich network design, such as passive optical networks and other technologies that keep infrastructure small while delivering the most value for the investment. With every project Drew works on, he draws upon Crux’s core values to guide his approach: take ownership of the problem and solution, understand and then serve with empathy and humility, and always look for opportunities to learn and grow.
Drew has acted as a senior project manager and principal in charge of hundreds of projects throughout his career. Just a few include government buildings for the Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Muskogee (Creek) Nations, the Dallas City Performance Hall, DFW International Airport, and multi-million-dollar facilities for many school districts. One project of significance for Drew involved renovations to a high-rise building in downtown Tulsa meant to consolidate several county departments under one roof. The project was already over budget when his team was asked to consult on the proposed security design. The team completely redesigned the building’s security, created better coverage, and saved Tulsa County over $900,000 in the process.
Drew holds a B.S. in Accounting from Oral Roberts University and certifications from BICSI for Electronic Safety and Security Design and Registered Telecommunications Project Management. He is also a licensed security consultant.
- Oral Roberts University, B.S. in Accounting
- BICSI Registered Electronic Safety and
Security Designer (ESS)
- BICSI Registered Telecommunication Project Manager (RTPM)
- Licensed Security Consultant
- Creating New Income Streams for Your Multi-Family Project
- Private School Security: What Planners and Administrators Need to Know
- 6 Factors to Consider in Evaluating Workplace Security Needs
- Changes to Texas School Safety Requirements from the 88th Texas Legislative Session
- Healthcare Technology Design Strategies that Reduce Operational Risk
- Modern Strategies for Implementing Intrusion Detection Functionality
- How Security Technology Advances Can Make for a Safer Workplace
- Tribe & Technology: How Building Innovation is Supporting Tribal Citizens
- 6 Underutilized Security Technologies to Implement Today
- 7 Questions to Ask in a Hybrid Workplace Technology Audit