Allen Lawrence, RCDD/RTPM
Vice President of Quality and Training
As a Principal at CRUX, Allen excels at breaking down complex issues and identifying efficient solutions that blend technology, processes, and innovative concepts. His more than 28 years’ experience encompasses premise distribution, telecom infrastructure, access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance design as well as strategic planning for technology and security solutions.
Allen likes to introduce a note of levity and offer perspective when “everyone wants to go off a ledge.” Allen helps clients understand where they are today, identify where they want to go, and shows them how to get there. The work he does with clients leads to the creation of educational facilities that not only inspire learning but also meet the dynamic needs of technology and physical security.
Allen is a recognized thought leader, speaker, and writer on Crime Prevention Through Environment Design. He has written articles focused on planning for technology, security, and school safety for American School and University Magazine and American Clearing House on Educational Facilities.
He is a BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) and Registered Telecommunication Project Manager (RTPM).
- Columbia College, BA in History
- BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- BICSI Registered Telecommunications Project Manager (RTPM)
- United States Air Force, 9 Year Veteran
- Modern Strategies for Implementing Intrusion Detection Functionality
- 6 Underutilized Security Technologies to Implement Today
- What Architects and Administrators Need to Know about Building Safer Schools, Part 2: Human Behavior
- Building Safer Schools with Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles, Part 1: The Built Environment